Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Reverse of Progress

The Arrowhead lace shawl project is no more: I frogged the entire thing, with no plans right now to start it again. The 33rd row did give me problems--was mysteriously short two stitches, even though I hadn't missed any yarn overs on the row before, that I could see. But the main reason was an unhappy combination of needles, yarn, and maybe pattern too.

I was knitting with size 6's because that was the largest set of Addi Lace needles I have--yet (the day isn't over!). But 7's, as was called for, or even 8's would have been better with the Trekking. So it was coming out way small.  And then there was the fabric it was making: maybe wool sock yarn is okay for that pattern, but maybe something a little drapier would have been better. So I aufed it.

Sometime soon I will cast on that pattern or a similar one. But right now I'm more interested in working on a baby hat I started knitting for Ideal Image's hats for charity project, and also a pair of "Show -Off Socks."  These socks have a very pretty pattern and an entirely different architecture. But since my vanilla socks are still on my sole and only pair of size one circs, I'm experiencing another shopping necessity!

No comments:

Post a Comment